Wavelength Selective Switching (WSS)
A Wavelength Selective Switching (WSS) system comprises a switching array that operates on light that has been dispersed in wavelength without the requirement that the dispersed light be physically de-multiplexed into separate ports. This is termed a ‘disperse and switch’ configuration.
Features and Benefits
- Ultimate Functionality and Flexibility
Achieve the ultimate functionality and flexibility in optical switching, optimized for input channel bandwidth and switching configurations.
- Programmable Light Processor
Software upgradable nature and support for flexible spectrum coverage, dispersion compensation, switching multicasting, and adaptive alignment.
- High Performance
Various efforts have been made to improve both the optical performance and the switching functionalities of LCoS WSS, especially in terms of static and transient crosstalk reduction, passband shape optimization, and port count increase. Creating grayscale for image frames enables high yield rate and high performance.
- Pulse Width Modulation
Patented digital pulse width modulation (PWM) techniques and unique liquid crystal driving mechanism delivers accurate millivolt level control to the LC pixel, and updates within microseconds so as to perform high efficient data filling (scrolling update).
LCoS-SLM Solution for WSS
- JDC’s integrated silicon solution includes LCoS imagers, the One Chip Modulator (OCM) driver ASICs, and mini board controller.
- JDC’s OCM ASIC and board controller is compatible with multiple types of phase-only LCoS imagers, such as SP55 (0.55”, 1080p, 6.4 μm), Q4K70 (0.7”, 4K2K, 3.74 μm), and Q4K120 (1.2”, 4K2K, 6.4 μm, preliminary).
- JDC’s LCoS-SLM solution offer high performance and high precise control of multi-level phase modulation through the JDC system development kit (SDK) and easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI).
|Product Category||Product Type||1080p
|4K x 2K
- ROADM – Reconfigurable Optical Add Drop Multiplexer
- OXC – Optical Cross Connect
- VOA – Variable Optical Attenuator
- Optical Switch
- Optical Flow Switch