Product Specification of JD2124
Large LCoS Silicon Backplane
Spatial Light Modulation (SLM) have been adopted in various electro-optical applications using best-fit silicon backplanes with particular number of pixels, pixel pitches, glass, and liquid crystals. As design progresses into higher ends, bigger display areas are becoming necessity.
JDC’s 1.2” Silicon Backplane
Jasper Display Corp. (JDC) offers high performance microdisplay die in a full digital backplane and is targeted for use in single and multi-channel optical systems for amplitude and phase modulation applications.
The V4K120 microdisplay die has an array diagonal of 1.2” and offers a total of 4160×2464 pixels; additional 64 columns and 64 rows are added beyond the 4K2K superset (4096×2400) to allow dynamic, convergence adjustment of the microdisplay component. Microdisplays manufactured using the JD2124 wafer can be driven by a companion JDC’s driver board solution.
- 4K2K (4096 x 2400) active 6.4 um pixels
- Additional 64 columns and 64 rows for electronic alignment (for a total resolution of 4160×2464)
- Superset of DCI 4K “Scope” (4096 x 1716) and “Flat” (3996 x 2160) and Quad WUXGA resolutions ( 3840×2400)
- 1.2” diagonal
- Up to 480Hz for 1P color sequential, 240 Hz for 3P VAN
- Up to 5V (adjustable) operation of Array for LC Performance
- LVCMOS compatible I/O interface for Speed and Low Power
- Controllable image border grayscale
- Driver board solutions for single and multichannel system.
- Amplitude and phase modulation applications